The Orientation Leaders are a team of friendly and vibrant students that runs the Orientation Week (O-Week). These students are the first faces that all new Curtin Malaysia students will see upon arriving on campus for O-Week! Orientation Leaders goals’ are to make sure the new students feel welcome during their first week on campus and to assist with the new students’ registration process.
The main benefit of being an Orientation Leader is that the students get training, certification, experience and knowledge that could contribute to your Professional Development that can give you an advantage in your future careers.
Other benefits include the following:
- Receive official recognition of your participation through Curtin Extra Certificate.
- A chance to improve your employability. Looks great on your résumé!
- Be an official representative of Curtin Malaysia University Life.
- Gain social and academic networking opportunities with fellow students and Curtin Staff.
- Be part of a diverse and motivated team.
- A boost in your communication skills and in your confidence!
WHO CAN BE A UNIVERSITY LIFE ORIENTATION LEADER?
Any student that is passionate about helping students to have an amazing first week in their new university, student experience and looking to build their professional expertise is encouraged to join. The student must have great people-skills and an outgoing personality. The student must also be a current, enrolled Curtin Malaysia student. The Orientation Leaders will guide the new students towards a more fun experience in Curtin University.
Welcoming message from the Head of the Orientation Leaders 2022
A quick hello from Miss Rachel Jill Tang Tuang Me, a Second Year Bachelor of Commerce student majoring in Management and Marketing, who will be guiding the new students through the orientation programme.